Wooden floors need installation systems and materials finishing profiles and maintenance products to achieve that perfect, elegant appearance.
1) The Various Installation Systems For Wooden Floors
· Tongue and groove – One side and one end of the plank have a groove, the other side and end have a tongue.
· "Click" or Woodloc systems: A "click" floor is similar to tongue-and-groove, but instead of fitting directly into the groove, the board must be angled
· Floor connection system: There are a wide range of connection systems, as most of them are mill-specific manufacturing techniques.
· Wood flooring can also be installed utilizing the glue-down method.
· Floating installation: A floating installation is where the flooring is laid down in a glueless manner ontop of a layer of underlay.
2)The Procedures Used To Prepare Wooden Floor
- Finishing – The two most popular modern finishes for wood flooring are oil-modified urethane and water-based polyurethane. Floor Protectors reduce noise and prevent damage on laminate and real wood floors. Solid Wood Pipe Roses are designed to cover unsightly expansion holes around pipes.
- Buffing – Generally Hardwood Floors need to be buffed every 3-5 years. The process usually takes about 1 day. This allows for the new coat of finish to mechanically adhere to the floor.
- Floor sanding-Sanding provides a method for smoothing an installed floor, compensating for unevenness of the subfloor.
3) The Materials Used To Prepare Wooden Floors
- Adhesive-quality PVA adhesive is essential, liquid damp proof membrane (DPM): A liquid chemical that is applied to a clean, sound and flat concrete sub floor to prepare it to take a either a fully glued down floor installation, floor leveller products are the quick and economical solution.
- Oiled. Finishing your wood floor with an oil can give it a rich natural look
- Lacquered finished floors have a distinctive advantage of all finished wood floor surfaces as they low maintenance
- Hardwax Oils offers extremely good protection for your wooden floor as it is hard wearing and highly durable.
4) The Important Aspects For Accessorizing Wooden Floors
- Underlay – Flooring underlay can help you get the best out of the wide range of wood flooring types.
- Wood Profiles – Finishing door wood profiles, are essential for you to complete the fitting of your wood floor. These are made of solid oak.
- Skirting & Scotia is the original way to cover the expansion gap around the edge of your wood floor.
5) Maintenance Of Wooden Floors
- Regular maintenance requires little more than sweeping with a soft bristle broom.
- Oil soaps should not be used to clean the floors.
- Excessive grit and foot traffic may affect appearance.
- You also should clean your floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product recommended by a wood flooring professional.
We are a one stop solution, specialist online retailer and purveyor dedicated only to accessories for wooden floors, this means you can purchase all your installation materials, finishing profiles and maintenance products from a retailer with the know how and knowledge of wooden floors. To achieve that brilliant finish for your wooden floor, contact us at www.nexusflooring.co.uk