Stairs are probably the most underrated part of the house; no one really realises the importance of using the right flooring option for the stairs. However, since stairs are one of the highest traffic areas, it is extremely important to decide and finalise the right type of flooring, which will not only look good but also be durable enough to handle the daily wear and tear.
Here are some flooring options for you to consider for your stairs:
- Carpeted flooring: Short, dense carpeted flooring can handle heavy traffic and outlast other carpet types that have longer fibres. Carpeted stairs will tend to be less slippery, which makes carpeted flooring an ideal flooring option for your stairs. Carpeted flooring on stairs is ideal in a house full of children.
- Tiled flooring: Another option which is almost close to perfect for your stairs is tiled flooring. Tiles are durable and can handle the daily levels of wear and tear with ease. At the same time, they are also available in multiple colors and designs, which make them an ideal option for those who want to be a little unconventional in their décor selection.
- Hardwood flooring: Solid oak flooring and engineered oak flooring are not far behind in the race for becoming the best flooring option for your stairs. Given their performance and style, hardwood flooring has become a natural choice for people who crave for the traditional flooring option in their houses. Such floorings don’t trap dirt like carpeted flooring and engineered floors are even better, as they are moisture resistant. Engineered oak flooring is easy to clean and ranks high on maintenance.
- Laminated flooring: Laminated flooring is yet another option which can be a perfect companion for your stairs. These floors are highly versatile, inexpensive, and better in terms of maintenance, when compared with their wooden counterparts. Laminated floorings are developed with a stronger surface and are good at mimicking hardwood flooring designs in an elegant manner. Another added advantage is that these floors don’t show the wear and tear on the surface like carpeted flooring, which makes them a hard to resist option for people looking to make the best out of their stairs flooring.
- Stone flooring: A little unconventional, but stone flooring might be the best option out of the given lot of options. Easy to maintain, easy to clean and almost inexpensive for homeowners who want the best deal for their stairs. Different colors, designs and options make stone flooring an ideal flooring solution for people with a different type of taste.
These were some of the best flooring options for stairs; talk to an expert to get a detailed idea about these options and which flooring type will be ideal for your house.