Stone flooring has been a preferred choice for many home owners. Simply put, it offers a series of advantages to home owners, and is an absolute delight for people who are not too keen over maintenance. Stone floorings are widely used in kitchens, bathrooms, conservatories, and externally in the patios and pavements.
Either way, no matter the usage, stones have always had a special place in people’s hearts, given the level of options, maintenance costs, practicality and hygiene. Here are some reasons why stone flooring is going to be a better option when compared with solid oak flooring and engineered oak flooring.
- Maintenance: What does stone flooring give you as a homeowner? Of course, an extremely hard surface which is easy to clean and low on maintenance. It can withstand heavy footfall, pet scratches, and is an ideal option for people with children and pets.
- Give your property value a gentle nudge: Like oak flooring, even stone flooring can add a value to your property, which will be a good consequence of your wise flooring decision.
- Natural beauty: Since stone flooring is available in a series of colours, types and options, there is always something for even the fussiest of homeowners out there.
- Ideal for underfloor heating: Many homeowners like to use stone as subflooring, as they are great heat conductors. You can top this up with solid oak flooring or engineered oak flooring, for a great heating effect.
- Durability tops the list: What do you get when you look at stone flooring? Years and years of durability, which makes the flooring an absolute must-have for homeowners who crave durability from their floors.
- Ideal for wet areas: Stone floors are a very good flooring option for people looking to buy floors for their bathrooms and kitchens. Not only are they high on the style quotient, but they are also good for areas where the moisture content is high. Since they don’t absorb water easily, you can clean them with a mop, without any fuss.
High on designs and styles: Last but not the least, stone flooring has a lot of variety, which is one of the reasons a lot of people easily get swayed by the options in the market. From rustic marble to trendy granite to a plethora of other options, stone flooring is a must-have for all those style connoisseurs out there.