Wooden flooring has its own special place in residential areas. Given its timeless aesthetics, durability and easy availability has made it an ideal option for commercial projects also. Commercial areas often require flooring options which will not only last longer, but also be able to withstand high foot traffic and sometimes, even vehicular movements, as the case might be in factories.
Here are some reasons why hardwood flooring might become the next preferred choice for your commercial areas:
- Aesthetics: Depending on the type of wooden flooring and the area of installation, the aesthetics will also come into play. If you are looking at flooring options for a restaurant, you would want to look at an option that is durable, can tolerate moderate foot traffic, and most of all ranks high on aesthetics. In this case, hardwood oak flooring will be a good option, since it will provide all three benefits, on a moderate budget. Since hardwood flooring is a versatile flooring option, you can choose from a variety of colours, shapes and sizes, which make it an excellent choice for commercial spaces.
- Durability: Another feature of solid oak flooring and engineered oak flooring is durability. In other words, there is a lot to consider in terms of the floor’s longevity, and how long it can be used as a flooring option. In areas of high traffic, you can choose from options like luxury vinyl tile, bamboo flooring and other options, depending on the need of the hour.
- Maintenance: Hardwood flooring maintenance is as easy as it sounds; simply wipe away the stains from your floor’s surface, to ensure you don’t have any permanent damages. If there are permanent spills, you can easily re-finish solid oak flooring, without any issues.
- Varied Options: Probably the best thing about hardwood flooring are the different options available in terms of colours, plank cuts, grains, sizes, patterns, amongst others. These floors will work for different types of commercial properties, without having to worry too much about maintenance and other factors.
- Adds value to your commercial property: Like its residential counterparts, even commercial properties add a lot of value to the final price of your commercial property. Simply put, it is a value booster and can fetch you a good price as soon as you put your commercial property on the market.
Residential and commercial buildings are not very different in terms of flooring. When it comes to hardwood flooring, there is a little bit of something for every type of property owner out there.