5 tips for choosing the right flooring for living room
16 February 2017
The living room is a room which is probably the most commonly used room in any house; you might be spending a considerable time reclining on your favorite sofa sipping tea, while your children might be using it to imagine all kinds of adventurous games. At the same time, a living room is ideal for hosting parties and different events. With so much to look forward to, it’s important to spend enough time to understand what kind of flooring should be used for sprucing up the living room.
Here are 5 tips for choosing the right flooring for your living room, which is bound to help you ease out some of the confusion.
· Durability: Choosing the right flooring is as important as any other task of the day. Since this is a one-time investment, the decision to buy the right flooring material is imperative. For this very reason, it’s best to consider the durability of the flooring option you are considering, taking into consideration your investment capabilities, your budgets and the availability of the flooring material.
· Maintenance: Before you do invest, think of the maintenance costs you would need to incur in keeping your flooring intact. If the flooring maintenance is too high, you might want to reconsider your decision to invest in a particular kind of flooring. However, if the budget permits a specific kind of flooring option, then why not splurge? Maintenance is not a one-time affair, so you need to keep this thought in mind at all times. In order to keep your flooring up and going all through, make sure you have your budget well set before you invest in a suitable flooring option.
· Style is what matters: The décor of your room will decide the kind of flooding option you end up shortlisting eventually. If your décor is more rustic, you would probably do best with solid oak flooring. However, if it is a little more casual, then you might want to go ahead with laminated flooring. The options will depend on your room’s décor eventually. Mix and match, to come up with the perfect flooring option for your living room.
· Color of your floor: Depending on the theme of your room, you would want to understand what you think will be the perfect fit. Different engineered wood flooring options offer different colors, which can go well with your interiors. For example, you get wooden flooring in different shades, which can be used to match the colors of your walls. At the same time, you can check out different colored tiles as well which you feel might accentuate your interiors.
· Gauge the footfall in the living room: Last but not the least; you need to be the best judge of what kind of footfall you will have in the living room. If the room is sparsely used, then you might want to invest in a flooring option which is a little expensive. However, if you have pets in the house, you might want to use something more durable, like bamboo flooring. At the same time, if the footfall is moderate, you should go for wooden flooring.
These were some of the tips which can make your decisions a little well planned and fruitful at the same time. The type of flooring you choose will have a long term impact, so you might want to make the most of it eventually.