Hardwood Flooring Installation Tips and Facts
24 June 2018
Interior is one of the best things to improve your standard of living. Flooring is one of the most important parts of a house, as it can change the very essence of your interiors. In recent times, hardwood flooring has become famous, as more and more people are beginning to opt for the various hardwood flooring options in the market. But there are many different questions with respect to hardwood flooring.
If you are thinking about hardwood flooring, then this might be one of the best choices for your floors. A well chosen hardwood floor can give a new look to your walls, as well as your furniture and other fixtures in the house. Moreover, wood is usually stronger than other flooring materials.
Wood is usually available in many colors; out of the various colors available in the market, tan and red tint give every room a whole new level of vibrancy. There are a lot of different designer solid wood planks which can prove to be appropriate as a flooring option.
Hardwood flooring installations
Flooring is available in a host of different sizes, brands, styles, color and other options and you have a wide range of options for your selection.
· As a first step, you need to get the exact size of the designer wooden planks, before beginning the installation of your wooden planks. This way, you will be able to select the right sized board or otherwise you have to place cut outs of the boards in the gaps.
· Have a look at the terms and conditions within the warranty of your purchase, to get all the information about maintenance of the flooring.
· Always get the flooring installed from professionals. If you intend to do the installation on your own, it’s imperative to have the right balance between the boards, and leave sufficient place for seasonal weather changes. This would mean that you have to leave enough gaps between two boards, to allow space for contraction and expansion of the wooden planks during moisture level changes.
· Only install flooring in locations which have less activity.
· Don’t put hardwood flooring in bathroom and kitchens; the idea is to keep the wood away from excessive moisture.
· Do not install the hardwood in areas which are kept closed for long periods of time. This might prove to be disastrous for the flooring, since there can be a moisture outbreak within the planks.
· There are many different ways through which you can get the floorings installed. Some of these methods include the use of glue, nails, staples, and floating. Out of all these options, the best method happens to be floating, especially if you are being adventurous and installing the planks on your own. If anything goes wrong during the first attempt, reinstalling the planks will not destroy the look of your floors. Professionals prefer using staples and glue for installation purposes.
For better suggestions, you can head to some local dealers dealing in Designer Solid Wood Planks. At the same time, you can look out for different engineered wood flooring sales in London for better deals.