Accessories For Your Wooden Floors
06 June 2016
Wooden floors need installation systems and materials finishing profiles and maintenance products to achieve that perfect, elegant appearance.
1) The Various Installation Systems For Wooden Floors
· Tongue and groove - One side and one end of the plank have a groove, the other side and end have a tongue.
· "Click" or Woodloc systems: A "click" floor is similar to tongue-and-groove, but instead of fitting directly into the groove, the board must be angled
· Floor connection system: There are a wide range of connection systems, as most of them are mill-specific manufacturing techniques.
· Wood flooring can also be installed utilizing the glue-down method.
· Floating installation: A floating installation is where the flooring is laid down in a glueless manner ontop of a layer of underlay.
2)The Procedures Used To Prepare Wooden Floor
Finishing - The two most popular modern finishes for wood flooring are oil-modified urethane and water-based polyurethane. Floor Protectors reduce noise and prevent damage on laminate and real wood floors. Solid Wood Pipe Roses are designed to cover unsightly expansion holes around pipes.
Buffing - Generally Hardwood Floors need to be buffed every 3-5 years. The process usually takes about 1 day. This allows for the new coat of finish to mechanically adhere to the floor.
Floor sanding-Sanding provides a method for smoothing an installed floor, compensating for unevenness of the subfloor.
3) The Materials Used To Prepare Wooden Floors
Adhesive-quality PVA adhesive is essential, liquid damp proof membrane (DPM): A liquid chemical that is applied to a clean, sound and flat concrete sub floor to prepare it to take a either a fully glued down floor installation, floor leveller products are the quick and economical solution.
Oiled. Finishing your wood floor with an oil can give it a rich natural look
Lacquered finished floors have a distinctive advantage of all finished wood floor surfaces as they low maintenance
Hardwax Oils offers extremely good protection for your wooden floor as it is hard wearing and highly durable.
4) The Important Aspects For Accessorizing Wooden Floors
Underlay - Flooring underlay can help you get the best out of the wide range of wood flooring types.
Wood Profiles - Finishing door wood profiles, are essential for you to complete the fitting of your wood floor. These are made of solid oak.
Skirting & Scotia is the original way to cover the expansion gap around the edge of your wood floor.
5) Maintenance Of Wooden Floors
Regular maintenance requires little more than sweeping with a soft bristle broom.
Oil soaps should not be used to clean the floors.
Excessive grit and foot traffic may affect appearance.
You also should clean your floors periodically with a professional wood floor cleaning product recommended by a wood flooring professional.
We are a one stop solution, specialist online retailer and purveyor dedicated only to accessories for wooden floors, this means you can purchase all your installation materials, finishing profiles and maintenance products from a retailer with the know how and knowledge of wooden floors. To achieve that brilliant finish for your wooden floor, contact us at www.nexusflooring.co.uk