Points to consider while going for wooden flooring
08 March 2015
Flooring is one of the most significant aspects of dwelling a house; it serves as decorative asset and also a functional necessity. Nothing can add more character to your home than quality wooden flooring. Since this is one of the most durable as well as expensive flooring choice, you need to plan and consider several factors before buying your wooden floor.
Key factors to consider while buying wooden flooring
Following are some pointers to the specific things you need to consider before buying a wood floor:
· Place and Position: Depending on whether you are installing the hardwood flooring in living room, hallway, bedroom, dining room, kitchen or even your bathroom, you need to make sure that you select the suitable flooring. Flooring for a living room or bedroom needs to be of different structure than what is fitting for a toilet or kitchen.
· Look and Style: The diversity of colors and patterns of different wood available today, proposes you a contemporary or a traditional feel as per your taste. It is essential that the distinctive look and feel of the wood should match the look that you are trying to achieve.
· Budget:Having a budget in mind and reveal it to your supplier is very important, so that he can advise the best product suiting you. Being well informed can help you by fixing the right choices with suppliers and reducing the overall cost.
· Traffic of the room: Beforechoosing the flooring wood, you need to look at the overall traffic in the room, including minors, pets and people with disabilities. It is best to choose an option that is most compatible with this traffic.
· The sub base and height variations:You need to choose wood flooring that can be best fitted to your sub base on which you are working to install the new flooring. It is significant to understand wooden floors are available in several thicknesses and different fitting methods affect the overall height of the completed floor.
· Quality and Grade of the wood:It is necessary to buy best quality wood that is guaranteed from a reputed supplier to avoid future repair costs of defective wood. Since the grading of the timber affects the cost a great deal, you need to understand your required grade from the provider.
· Type of Finish:Since the cost of flooring for diverse finishes like lacquer, wax, acrylic and varnish are different, you need to prepare your selection prior to buying the material. The difference between different finishes will determine your maintenance, longevity and look of the floor.
· Square edged or Beveled:Depending on the final look you want to achieve, you can choose from square edged or beveled wood. While with beveled edges each board is distinct, whereas squared edged boards have a uniform appearance.
· FSC Certified:This certification indicates whether the wood has been grown from renewable sources. In edict to be mindful of our environment, it is advisable to go for this timber.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can restructure your floor material purchase and therefore ward off some expensive mistakes associated with buying a wooden floor.