Ask your question today!
Having Trouble choosing the right type of flooring for your house ? Just spare a few minutes over knowing the type of flooring which would suit your house.
Let’s begin by throwing some light on what is solid oak flooring. Solid wood flooring is a piece of wood or a flooring material made from timber used specifically for flooring purpose, be it structural or artistic. This type of flooring is a compilation of wood from a variety of trees, but the final product is made up of a single piece of wood, whose thickness is in the range of 18-20mm. Solid wood flooring is employed using a Tongue and Groove mechanism, which is used to hold blocks together. In this type of junction, the Tongue-block has a carefully carved, T-shaped edge, which is fed into the Groove-block, which has a valley, whose depth has to be extremely appropriate, corresponding to the thickness of the T-shaped edge. These two pieces of block are, then, fixed together by feeding the Tongue into the Groove. This type of joint is a comparatively strong, having the minimal use of adhesives, because the joint is already quite strong. The depth of this tongue only determines the number of times you can refurbish the floor’s finish. Although solid oak flooring looks absolutely amazing, following are some of the key reasons for why solid oak flooring is sometimes given a pass:
- It cannot withstand high levels of moisture and dryness.
- The Tongue-and-Groove mechanism is very tough to install properly, as it requires a precisely carved tongue and valley pair.
Let’s begin by helping you understand what engineered oak flooring is. It is made up of 3-12 multiple ply woods that are generally built with hardwood. At the top of its core, and engineered wood floor has ‘Veneer’, a type of solid wood, glued to it. The average thickness of this top layer can be anywhere between 0.5mm to 4.5mm or even more. The wooden layers are pressed together and since the compilation of this wood requires a higher level of customization, the term “engineered” is used as the prefix, to differentiate it from your regular wood flooring. The following benefits of engineered oak flooring make this engineered product a winner among its competitors:
- With engineered wood flooring you need not to worry about the moisture level in the surroundings, as it is tough enough to withstand the moisture.
- Apart from that, engineered wood flooring can also be employed in that scorching sun light! The sun fails miserably in depleting it.
- The installation is quick, irrespective of the floor’s level, and is easily repairable.
- It remains locked at its place, as this flooring system comprises of an advanced tongue and groove mechanism.
- The above mentioned facts provide a strong argument in favour of why engineered oak flooring should be preferred. Having said all that, the market is full of competitors, and normal consumers like you can be easily conned. But at Nexus Flooring, we provide you with original engineered wood flooring because, money comes later to us, your trust and satisfaction remains supreme. Want to touch and feel an engineered wood floor? Click here for a Free Sample!
Engineered Parquet flooring is a type of geometric collage of wood, employed for flooring purposes. It is the most preferred type of flooring that consumers choose, in case they need a designer floor. Parquet flooring enables the customers to choose any sort of design for their floor, such as, triangular, checks, spirals, squares etc. The blocks of wood, used for Parquet flooring, are not cut into the mentioned shapes, but have these shapes carved on them. Thus, it is mainly used for making patterned blocks for flooring and is a perfect amalgamation of traditional look of floorboards and technical aptness. They are basically used for domestic purposes especially in bedroom and hallways, due to the fact that, apart from adding to the looks of the environment, parquet flooring is comparatively easier to mop, brush and clean. Parquet flooring is constructed on a ply which is equipped on an underlay as floating floor. It is even preferred over marble flooring, due to the very basic fact that the latter requires regular washing. Also, it remains warm underneath. Nexus Flooring’s Engineered Parquet Flooring offers easy repair and reconditioning services and is particularly more useful at those places where temperature and humidity vary frequently. It’s a product that is ultra durable and looks like a real wood. It consists of a flat surface which is non-reflecting and is also suited for dancers as they provide controlled grip which is required by them. One of the most talked about use of this type of flooring is by the Boston Celtics of the NBA.